Saving money in a traditional savings account may soon mean that you will no longer earn interest but instead pay for this privilege by having a negative interest rate charged to your account!
- In addition to this, some forecasters are expecting an increase in inflation, which could mean that your savings have less purchasing power over time.
- These two factors are making traditional savings accounts less and less attractive.
- Owning gold has historically been seen as a protection against inflation and also performs well during times of low or negative interest rates, making it an ideal solution in these times.
- However, the price of an ounce of gold whether it’s a gold bar or a gold coin has meant that it wasn’t a suitable alternative for a regular savings plan for most people.
How to Open a GoldSaver Account
1. Click on the ‘Open Account’ button.
- Fill in your personal details and choose how much you would like to start saving per month.
- Next enter your payment details. The minimum saving term is 12 months. Payments from your card or bank will be made on the 2nd day of every month and invested in the gold market between the 6th and 8th day of the same month.
2. Scan your ID and application form.
- By law, we are obligated to identify our clients. It is a straightforward process that only needs to be completed once.
- We will need the account owner or operator’s proof of identity (passport copy or driver’s license) and proof of residency (a utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 6 months).
- Then simply upload the scanned or photographed documents through our secure system.