|Weight:||Spot Price:||Buy Price:|
|1.00 oz||€ 1,750.56||€ 1,881.85|
Buy Gold Eagle Coins
An American Gold Eagle coin is a 1 oz gold bullion coin produced by The United States Mint.
The Gold American Eagle is the official, legal tender gold bullion coin of the United States of America. American Eagle gold coins and monster boxes of American Gold Eagles are some of the most popular gold bullion coins in the world.
What Are the Benefits of Owning American Gold Eagle Coins?
- Gold Eagles contain 1 troy ounce (1oz) of gold
- VAT free in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland - unlike jewelry
- U.S. Mint is one of the leading mints in the world
- Legal tender coin backed by the U.S. government
- Competitive pricing and premiums
- Non-digital, hack-proof, and proven safe haven
- Portable, internationally liquid form of financial insurance
How to Buy American Eagle Gold Coins?
Buying American Eagles Gold Coins is an easy and simple process. You can buy them online for insured delivery by post or for secure storage using the BUY button or you can call our office to place your order over the phone.
We sell American Gold Eagles and all major bullion bar and coin products and you can pay by bank wire, credit card, or debit card.
We make a market in Gold Eagles and offer fully insured delivery to our Irish clients throughout the island of Ireland - North and South - from our depository partner vaults in London and Zurich.
Insured delivery of American Gold Eagles, including monster boxes, to homes or offices, is also popular and many clients do both - take delivery of some Eagles and own the rest in Secure Storage.
Many of our Irish clients opt to store their Eagle coins in fully insured, offshore Secure Storage jurisdictions. We specialise in offering Irish clients access to allocated and segregated bullion storage in secure non bank vault partners in safer jurisdictions in the world such as Zurich, Hong Kong, London, and Singapore.
|€ 1 - € 99,999||€ 1,881.85||7.50%|
|€ 100,000 - € 249,999||€ 1,877.48||7.25%|
|€ 250,000 - € 499,999||€ 1,874.56||7.08%|
|€ 500,000 - € 999,999||€ 1,871.64||6.92%|
|€ 1,000,000 +||€ 1,867.26||6.67%|
Price of an American Gold Eagle and Value of American Gold Eagle Coins
The price of a 1 oz Gold Eagle is shown in the upper right section of this page. The price of a 1 oz American Gold Eagle is calculated using three components:
- Gold spot price is the price of an ounce of pure gold available for immediate delivery or delivery ‘on the spot’. It is typically determined by the best bid and offer for gold as offered by large bullion banks trading in real time throughout the world and quoted by data providers such as Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Weight and purity of gold. Gold Eagles have a purity of 0.9167 (fineness), however, the coins total weight is 1.0909 ozs so that there is exactly 1 troy ounce of pure gold in each coin. They are produced by The United States Mint and each Eagle’s metal content, purity, and weight is guaranteed by the U.S. government.
- The gold price premium is the percentage adjustment that is added or deducted from the gold spot price depending on whether a gold buyer is buying (added) or selling (deducted). The gold premium of Gold Eagles is determined by the costs of production, refining, fabrication, minting, and the logistics of making the gold coins available for sale in the U.S. The price of a Gold Eagle is also impacted by supply and demand and the amount of gold being bought.
In order to determine the price of a Gold Eagle, simply multiply the spot price of gold by the number of a gold troy ounce in the coin (1 ounce) and then add or subtract the current premium for the coin or coins. GoldCore’s premiums on Eagles are competitive at between 3.5% and 5%.
The value of a Gold Eagle is that they are a competitively priced, highly popular and internationally liquid, portable store of value, and a vital form of financial insurance. They are one of the best ways for gold buyers and investors to own physical gold. They act as a hedge and protect Irish gold buyers from domestic and international financial and monetary risks.
How Much Gold is in a Gold Eagle?
Gold Eagles are 22 karat gold coin, with a fineness of 0.9167 (91.67%) or 22/ 24 pure gold. The is alloyed with copper (5.33%) and silver (3%) to produce a wear-resistant coin.
The fineness of each coin is 91.67% and the actual weight of each coin is slightly larger to account for the non-gold metal it contains. With exactly 1 troy ounce of fine gold or 31.103 grams, the gross weight of the coin is slightly over a troy ounce at 1.0909 ozs or 33.93 grams.
Gold Eagles - Brief History
Gold Eagles were first minted by The United States Mint in 1986 - along with the American Silver Eagle coins - specifically as investment gold bullion coins. Authorized by Congress, American Eagle gold, silver, and platinum bullion coins provide American investors with a convenient and cost effective way to add physical, investment grade, precious metals to their investment portfolios.
The gold coins are beautiful and the obverse features ‘Liberty’ as designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This design first appeared on the US $20 ‘Saint Gauden’ double’ eagle gold piece from 1907 to 1933.
The reverse features an American eagle carrying an olive branch flying over an eagle’s nest containing baby eagles and an eagle parent.
Video shows American Gold Bullion coins being made in The West Point Mint.
Gold Eagles are produced at the West Point Mint in New York and have a ‘W’ mark underneath the date. It is produced in four sizes: 1 ounce, ½ ounce, ¼ ounce, and 1/10 ounce. All four sizes are identical in design with the exception of markings indicating the size and face value of the coin. You can purchase American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins (1oz) and monster boxes of American Eagles from GoldCore.
For example, the one troy ounce coin contains one troy ounce of gold, with a total weight of 1.0909 grams. Because they are produced by The United States Mint, each coin’s metal content, purity, and weight is guaranteed by The U.S. Government.
American Gold Eagles are mass produced to help retail investors purchase gold bullion with ease and confidence. They are widely traded on the global gold markets and are therefore competitively priced and highly liquid in Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Should Investors in Ireland Buy Gold Eagle Coins?
Gold Eagles typically command premiums of between 3.5% and 5% with the most competitive premiums in Ireland, for both insured delivery by post, or throughout the Republic and Northern Ireland secure international storage. Gold Eagles are quite popular in Ireland, coming behind the Canadian Maple Leaf coin (slightly cheaper premium) and the most popular coin, the South African Krugerrand (more recognisable globally). Gold Eagles are a particularly beautiful coin and have a rich iridescent hue which many investors value. They are popular for storage and delivery by post. They have a naturally large market in the USA when selling and as such should be part of a diversified gold investment portfolio.